There is some grand news in the world of Tomb Raider. Let’s start with the newest game in the Tomb Raider series, “Rise of the Tomb Raider” with the current exclusive deal with Microsoft PS4 fans have been bubbling for months about when the PS4 version will be available. Well, wait no more, for you now have a date: October 11, 2016! There is also a new trailer about the game and its fantastic run for the past 20 years of which this is the 20th anniversary year!
You can view the newest trailer involving the celebration below.
Also, one of the coolest things I saw at the end of the trailer was how they mixed classic Lara with Rise of the Tomb Raider! Here is the picture:
I adore the touch, and oddly enough my profile picture is also a mix of classic Lara standing in front of a background from Rise of the Tomb Raider. And now let’s get on with ROTTR PS4 info.
Let’s examine the forthcoming release of “Rise of the Tomb Raider” for PS4 shall we?
I know many people have questions about the content in the PS4 version of “Rise of the Tomb Raider”. Please read the factsheet below.
Developer: Crystal Dynamics
Publisher: Square Enix
Players: Single player / Co-Op Endurance Mode
Release: October 11th, 2016
Platforms: PlayStation 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration includes the critically acclaimed Rise of the Tomb Raider, nominated for over 75 “Best Of” awards, in which Lara Croft becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition to the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration also includes the new “Blood Ties” single player content, VR support, new Co-Op play for Endurance mode, “Extreme Survivor” difficulty setting for the main campaign, 20 Year Celebration outfit and gun, and 5 classic Lara skins. Also includes all previously released Downloadable Content including: Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, Endurance Mode, Cold Darkness Awakened, 12 outfits, 7 weapons, and 35 expedition cards. With over 50 hours of gameplay, this is the most comprehensive version of the award-winning experience.
- The Critically Acclaimed Action Adventure – In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara uncovers an ancient mystery that places her in the cross-hairs of a ruthless organization known as Trinity. As she races to find the secret before Trinity, the trail leads to a myth about the Lost City of Kitezh. Lara knows she must reach the Lost City and its hidden secrets before Trinity as she sets out for Siberia on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.
- NEW “Blood Ties” Single Player Story – In the wake of her father’s death, Lara’s uncle challenges her ownership of Croft Manor. Lara is determined to reclaim her legacy and prove that she is the rightful heir, but to do that she will need to confront her past head on. Explore Lara’s childhood home in an hour of new Story Mode gameplay, and uncover a family mystery that will change her life forever. This new mode is playable in standard third person and can also be experienced in Virtual Reality mode.
- NEW “Blood Ties” Nightmare – Lara’s worst nightmares come alive as hordes of the undead overrun her childhood home. Defeat hordes of infectious zombies to become the ultimate zombie slayer, before the nightmare overwhelms you! Compete with friends and create community challenges with card modifiers in an all new Nightmare Mode.
- NEW Endurance Mode Co-Op: You and a friend must scrounge, scavenge and craft to survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies, both man and beast, by night. This is the ultimate test to see how long you and a friend can survive the sprawling, unforgiving landscapes. Fire takes fuel, cold kills the unprepared, food restores health, and everything must be caught, collected, or crafted. You start with nothing and must find everything. Work together and challenge others to your longest survival run and battle to the top of the leaderboards.
- NEW 20 Year Celebration Content – Five classic Lara Croft skins as well as a reimagined outfit that pays tribute to Lara’s trip to Antarctica in Tomb Raider III. New content also includes the “Extreme Survivor” difficulty setting in Rise of the Tomb Raider that will severely limit your save points, crafting materials, resources, ammunition, and health – only the most resourceful and capable will survive this new extreme difficulty.
- Includes all DLC – Includes all downloadable content that will extend your single-player campaign and will allow you to compete with friends. Three major releases will challenge you to survive the extreme conditions of Endurance Mode, explore a new tomb that houses an ancient terror in Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, and combat waves of infected predators in Cold Darkness Awakened. In addition, new outfits, weapons, and Expedition Cards will keep you customizing, expanding, and challenging your friends to new adventures.
Twitter: @TombRaider| Facebook.com/TombRaider | YouTube: Youtube.com/TombRaider
RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER, TOMB RAIDER, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, the CRYSTAL DYNAMICS logo, EIDOS, the EIDOS logo and LARA CROFT are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix, Ltd. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Questions and answers: from Crystal Dynamics
Will Xbox 360 owners have access to “Blood Ties?”
No. “Blood Ties” is available only for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.
Will Xbox 360 owners have access to co-op “Endurance Mode?”
No. Co-op “Endurance Mode” is available only for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.
Is VR Support coming to any other platform?
VR support for “Blood Ties” will only be available on PlayStation 4 at launch.
Why the full retail price point for PlayStation 4 and PC?
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration includes not only the award-winning and critically acclaimed full game, but the entire season pass (a $29.99 value), and an abundance of new content including a new story chapter called “Blood Ties”, co-op play for “Endurance Mode”, all previously released outfits and weapons, and more. We feel this is a great value for the $59.99 price point.
Why is there no season pass for PlayStation 4?
As all previously released DLC is included in Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration, a season pass is not required.
Do current Xbox One and PC season pass holders have to pay for the upgrade?
Current Xbox One and PC season pass holders will automatically receive the “Blood Ties” upgrade for free. Moving forward, the content will be added to the existing season pass for new purchasers. If you do not own the season pass and wish to purchase only the “Blood Ties” upgrade, you can do so for $9.99.
PlayStation VR launches October 13, 2016, while Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration launches October 11, 2016. Will this content not be accessible until October 13?
The content will be available on October 11th when the game launches, however, PlayStation VR equipment will be required to access the VR mode.
How long is “Blood Ties?”
Solving the mysteries of Croft Manor in “Blood Ties” takes over 60 minutes of play. “Lara’s Nightmare” is a replayable mode within Croft Manor.
Can “Lara’s Nightmare” also be played in VR?
“Lara’s Nightmare” isn’t available to play in VR.
In “Endurance Mode” co-op, who is the second character?
Nadia will be the second playable character in co-op “Endurance Mode”. However, through clever design and dialogue, each player will appear as Lara, collaborating with Nadia for survival.
What Classic Lara Croft skins are included in the Classic Card Pack?
The following five skins will be available in the Classic Card Pack:
- Original Croft Manor Skin
- Classic Tomb Raider II Skin
- Tomb Raider II Bomber Jacket Skin
- Tomb Raider: Chronicles Catsuit Skin
- Classic Angel of Darkness Skin
Will the classic Lara skins be playable in Rise of the Tomb Raider’s campaign? UPDATED
The skins are part of a card pack and usable in “Expedition Modes” such as “Chapter Replay”, “Score Attack”, and “Endurance Mode”. Additionally, after finishing the main campaign (story complete) the classic Lara Croft skins become unlocked and you can wear them as you re-traverse through the world.
Which Tomb Raider III outfit was reimagined for Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration?
The Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration outfit is an updated take on Lara Croft’s Antarctica outfit for Tomb Raider III, perfect for exploring the frozen landscapes of Siberia. The weapon is a new take on the classic Tomb Raider uzi.
Will ALL previous DLC be made available in the Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration edition or upgrade pack, including pre-order skins and community unlocks?
Yes, all past pre-order skins and community unlocks will be available in 20 Year Celebration.
How does “Extreme Survivor” differ from other difficulty modes?
This new difficulty level takes the toughness of “Survivor” and ratchets it up several notches starting with all checkpoints being stripped out of the game. The only way to save the game is forage enough resources to light campfires.
Will the “Extreme Survivor” difficulty mode also be available for the Expedition modes?
“Extreme Survivor” difficulty is only available in the main Rise of the Tomb Raider campaign, as it is designed to test user’s skills in longer play sessions without checkpoints.
Is Twitch streaming functionality included in Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration for PlayStation 4?
PlayStation 4 players will have Twitch integration featuring custom frame and viewer voting.
Is the October 11, 2016 release date global? Or are there different dates depending on the territory?
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration launches on October 11 worldwide.
Where can I buy the Artbook Edition of Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration for PlayStation 4 or PC?
The Artbook Edition of Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration will be available worldwide on PlayStation 4 with participating retailers. Select European retailers will also offer the Artbook Edition for PC. Check with local retailers for more information.
Okay, there you are. I know I am certainly going to get the PS4 version. I am happy that before I leave for a few days of fun, I could update about this fantastic news! I hope everyone is happy with this much awaited Tomb Raider news. I shall return Tuesday. More content awaits.